Friday, March 02, 2007

Ideal Preparation

Well, tomorrow I am off on my first traning weekend for my trek in October. The idea is to get and idea of my fitness level and get some form of preparation undertaken for the big one.
Having seen the weather forecast for Sunday, I have a feeling the conditions could not be further from that which I will see in Kenya in 7 months time - nevertheless, I am looking forward to it.

As well as the 2 days of trekking around the Chiltern hills in the rain there will be the opportunity to meet fellow trip members and also to learn a bit more about the work ActionAid does around the world.

You may recall I was in desperate need for new footwear for the trip - I didn't manage to get any! I have decided to stick with my trusty Salomons for the weekend before retiring them to the great big outdoor clothing graveyard in the sky.

I shall report back on Monday!

Andrew

No comments: